We’ve been busy bees the last few months at CoAct HQ!
With the new Disability Employment Services (DES) program coming into effect at the beginning of July, we’ve been planning something special to raise awareness of and showcase ability.
At CoAct, we truly believe that when you focus on ability, great things really CAN happen.
So, what better way to celebrate ability, break down stereotypes and show that disability is not a barrier? Well, we’re bundling up all of the things that CoAct and our Service Partners do to get you the right job sooner and taking them on a roadshow!
Think of it like one big, awesome road trip!
But this isn’t just any kind of road trip…
Introducing… the Can Van!
In September, we will be launching three ‘Can Vans’ that will travel around New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
These clever caravans are on a mission to:
- Help people with disability get the right job sooner
- Build people’s skills and confidence to find work
- Showcase and celebrate ability of all types
- Raise awareness of the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Connect job seekers with employers and support services
Help us name our new Can Vans to WIN!
It’s not a road trip without giving your set of wheels a nickname! Whilst we’ve affectionately called them the Can Vans, we want to give each caravan a unique name of their own, with its own personality that inspires positivity and shows a can-do attitude.
We’re looking to name our Can Vans after inspiring people or things that showcase ability and break down stereotypes about disability. It could be someone or something who:
- Has inspired you
- Has shown the possibilities for people with disability
- Is a great example or positive influence in the disability space
- Empowers people with disability
- and more!
To go in the draw to WIN 1 of 3 gift cards valued at $150 each (and the glory of having your winning idea on the Can Van!), simply tell us what would you name the Can Van and why does this person or thing inspire you?
We can’t wait to see what you come up with! Be quick – entries close Sunday 12th August.
Australia’s hardest working caravans
This will be a travelling jobs festival like no other, and in the first 12 months, we hope to reach over 35,000 people! There’ll be plenty of activities at each stop showcasing our local community connections, providing personalised job search support and training as well as celebrating diverse, inclusive workplaces.
Our aim is to change lives and strengthen communities through our delivery of Disability Employment Services.
At each pit-stop, our friendly local teams will have a dedicated space to:
- Welcome job seekers with disability, employers, allied health services and the wider community
- It will be a space to connect, receive free advice, support and training, and learn how CoAct can help you
We can’t say too much else just yet but wanted to share our (big) secret that we’ve been planning for the last few months.
Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks, we can’t wait to bring you the Can Vans!