Workforce Australia is the new Australian Government employment service that replaced what was previously known as Jobactive, effective 4th July 2022.
Workforce Australia is different to jobactive as it offers two levels of support:
- Workforce Australia Services – individualised and intensive support, delivered in-person by an employment services provider, with a focus on early intervention and tailored case management.
- Workforce Australia Online – an online platform designed for job-ready individuals who are able to manage their own path to employment by self-managing their own job search and reporting.
Your questions answered: How do I change my Workforce Australia provider?
If you’re registered for Workforce Australia Services and your current provider’s services or location aren’t meeting your needs, you can find a new provider.
If you don’t think you’re getting the right help it’s a good idea to talk to your provider.
You can also ask them to transfer you to a new provider so that you can choose a new provider yourself, or find one that’s a better match for your needs and location.
If you’re not comfortable talking to them directly about this you can:
A) Contact Workorce Australia’s National Customer Service Line
Call 1800 805 260 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday
Email [email protected]
B) Request a new provider online
To request a new provider online simply:
- Go to Account using your name in the top right menu
- Select Your provider and support
- Select Find a new provider
C) Call our experienced Workforce Australia contact center staff for extra assistance on 1800 226 228.
Or visit our Switching Workforce Australia Providers Info Page here.
Choosing CoAct as your Workforce Australia provider
As a Workforce Australia Services provider, CoAct can help you get ready for work. If you choose us as your service provider we’ll support you with:
- Access to the Workforce Australia Online platform
- A mentor who takes the time to get to know you and unpacks your skills, strengths, challenges, and training needs
- Professional career counseling and work suitability assessments to make a plan with the end goal of getting you into a job
- Exclusive online employment hub with access to many tools
- Connections to specialist services for housing, family support, counseling, and more
- Small group workshops to help you build skills
- Ongoing support for up to 26 weeks in your new role
- Referrals to tailored Government programs
Specialised services to help you find work
CoAct Connect partners with specialist service providers across Australia to help people find and keep meaningful work with individualised and intensive support.
We believe the right job starts with the right connections and we understand that there may be other areas of life you need assistance with. We will co-ordinate specialist services for housing, health, counselling, and family support, so that you can focus on finding a job you enjoy.