We understand how daunting the job search process can be, which is why we have put together a list of our top 7 tips and tricks to getting the most out of job search websites to help you become a job search expert in no time!
- Set up job alerts. Many job search websites allow you to set up a job alert based on your preferences, such as industry, location, and job type. This can save you time and ensure you don’t miss any relevant job opportunities.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter. When applying for jobs, make sure to tailor your resume and cover letter to the job description and company. Highlight relevant skills and experience that match the job requirements and make sure your application stands out from the crowd.
- Use keywords. Use relevant key words in your job search to narrow down your search results and find more relevant job listings. For example, if you’re looking for a reception role, try searching for “reception jobs in Sydney”
- Network. Many job opportunities are not advertised on job search websites, so its important to network and reach out to contacts in your industry. LinkedIn is a great platform for networking and connecting with professionals in your field.
- Research the company. Before applying for a job, research the company and make sure it’s a good fit for your skills and career goals. Look at the company website, social media profiles, and reviews on websites such as Glassdoor.
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for job listings to come to you. Reach out to recruiters, hiring managers and companies you are interested in working for to see if there are any job opportunities available.
- Stay organised. Keep track of the jobs you’ve applied for, the companies you’ve contacted, and the interviews you’ve had. This will help you stay organised and follow up on applications you have submitted.