Disability Employment Services
If you’re living with disability, illness or injury and want to find and keep a job, you’ve come to the right place. We know that navigating the world of work can sometimes be overwhelming and present significant challenges. That’s where we can help!
CoAct is a leading provider of Disability Employment Services (DES). We deliver two types of DES programs:
- Disability Management Service: For people with disability, illness, or injury who need the help of an employment service but do not expect to need long-term support in the workplace.
- Employment Support Service: For people with a permanent disability and an assessed need for longer term, regular support in the workplace.
Get in touch to register or find out more.
When you register with CoAct, one of our friendly staff will be in touch to find out more about you and connect you with DHS to assess your eligibility for DES.
Once you have been accepted into DES, our team will create a plan tailored to your personal circumstances so that you get the support, skills and confidence you need to find a job.
You’ll have a team of specialists who will take the time to get to know you and find out about your goals so they can give you the right support and help you build your skills and confidence along the way.
Our carefully tailored support is designed to meet your unique needs and includes:
- Help looking for suitable jobs
- Practical job search tools and training
- Work-ready skills and training including short courses and work placements
- Personal and medical assistance to help manage health issues that affect your ability to work
Our team can help you overcome any challenges to finding a job, so that you can enjoy the benefits of being part of the workforce. Through our network, we also deliver specialist community and employment services with plenty of support including:
- Medical assistance
- Social services
- Education and training
Our support continues once you start work to give you the best chance of success, including:
- Job-readiness for your first day including learning about your new role and workplace requirements
- Support when you’re first placed into a job such as on-the-job training as well as ongoing support in your job when you need it
- Liaising with your employer when needed
- Help with workplace modifications, support services and Auslan interpreting
- Working with your medical and support services to help keep you in work
The team at CoAct understands how difficult it can be to find and keep a job if you are living with a mental health illness. We specialise in working with you to support you through these challenges so that you can find a job that suits your needs.
Having a job is important to your mental health and wellbeing, so we provide you with the mentoring, training support and guidance you need to thrive at work. We also work closely with employers across Australia to ensure people with mental health conditions are supported.
CoAct is made up of some of Australia’s most respected and experienced Service Partners who have the local knowledge to deliver you the best outcomes. CoAct works behind the scenes to ensure a quality service while our Service Partners are the on-the-ground experts with connections to employers in your area.