Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment services
CoAct helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers find work through a wide range of specialised services aimed at helping you find and keep meaningful employment sooner. For over a decade, we've partnered with local Indigenous organisations, servicing some of the most remote and in-need communities across Australia.
We are committed to helping Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people find work and reach your potential. CoAct offers:
- A range of specialised services designed to help you find sustainable employment, no matter what your personal circumstances are
- Friendly, professional team members who understand that as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander job seeker, you have unique strengths and face unique challenges
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services team will take the time to get to know you and find out about your goals, take your situation into account and ensure you get the support you deserve in your search for work.
CoAct is committed to empowering you throughout your job seeker journey to help you gain confidence, learn new skills and achieve financial independence.
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services teams are friendly, approachable and work closely with each job seeker to develop an Individual Employment Plan. This will detail the steps we take to support you through your job seeker journey, including:
- Preparing you for your job search
- Arranging any skills training that can help you in your job search
- Helping you to gain confidence
- Answering your questions along the way
- Ongoing support once you find work
Our team is passionate about finding workplace opportunities for you. CoAct and our Service Partners are connected with your local community and we work closely with employers and support services in your area to create more job opportunities for you.
We’re here to connect you to work opportunities with employers from a range of industries, who are not only seeking great people, but can help you reach your career goals.
CoAct is made up of some of Australia’s most respected and experienced Service Partners who have the local knowledge to deliver you the best outcomes. CoAct works behind the scenes to ensure a quality service while our Service Partners are the on-the-ground experts with connections to employers in your area.
We use our employer connections to:
- Create more job opportunities
- Provide you with the tools and support you need to find and keep a job
Individually-tailored job support plans ensure a smooth transition into employment for both you – the job seeker, and your new employer.
Our friendly, local team can help you overcome any challenges to finding a job. Through our network, we deliver specialist community and employment services with plenty of support including:
- Medical assistance
- Social services
- Education and training