- Are you getting the support you need?
- What is Disability Employment Services?
- Am I eligible?
- Why choose CoAct
- Register today
Are you getting the support you need?
There are a lot of Australians out of work right now, with many receiving support through employment services. While this support is helping many people, there’s a growing number who aren’t getting the specialist support they need.
The pandemic has hit us hard and we’re living with increased concerns over our families, communities, health and financial stability. This has led to more psychological distress, anxiety and depression and has impacted our ability to look for work. If you’re living with a treated mental health condition, you could be eligible for DES.
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
Disability Employment Services (DES) helps individuals find, prepare for and keep a job. Along with our network of local service partners, we’ll help you build your skills, confidence and self-esteem, including:
- putting together a plan for finding work
- finding and apply for jobs
- understanding your local employment market
- connecting with potential employers and support services
- understanding the funding you’re eligible for.
We also stay by your side during the first 12 months of your new role to make sure you’re getting what you need and are enjoying the job.
Tell me more about DES?
DES has been specifically designed for people who need intensive and tailored one-to-one support
When you sign up for DES with CoAct, you’ll have a local team of specialists who’ll get to know your goals, health condition, skills and experience. This allows us to give you the best support as we look for work together.
Am I eligible for DES?
living with a mental health condition, treated illness, injury or disability that makes it difficult to find and keep a job. This includes living with anxiety or depression, a physical or intellectual disability, learning difficulties, visual or hearing impairment
- an Australian citizen or hold a permanent resident, or on a Temporary Protection, Special Category or Safe Haven Visa
- aged between 14 and 65 and older than the minimum legal working age in your state or territory. Find out more about your legal working age here: https://yla.org.au
- able to work at least 8 hours per week and no more than 30
- are receiving an income support payment, with a few exceptions.
Why choose CoAct
We’ve helped thousands of people get back into work through DES and are one of Australia’s leading providers. As a not-for-profit and membership organisation, we partner with local specialists who have strong connections in your community. They’ll introduce you to employers, training organisations, community services and medical professionals.
Our vision is a community where everyone can reach their potential though meaningful employment.
Ready to switch to a service that can give you the support you need?
Disability Employment Services (DES) is just one of the employment programs we offer. If you’re unsure of your eligibility, give us a call on 1800 226 228. We’ll find you the best support we can.