Transition to Work
If you're aged 15 to 24 and looking to kick-start your career, upskill or get help finding work, we can help. Transition to Work is a free service. It helps you build the skills, confidence and experience you need to reach your goals.
We specialise in helping young people just like you. That means we’ll take the time to get to know you so we can understand your goals, interests and skills. We’ll then give you one-on-one support that connects you with the right employers and training opportunities for you.
You’ll have a team of dedicated specialists who help you to:
- develop the skills and confidence to get a job
- connect with education and training
- find work experience opportunities
- understand the path into an apprenticeship or traineeship
- find employment opportunities in your local area
- connect you to local support services
Transition to Work is designed to help early school leavers or those who have had difficulty finding a job after school. You don’t need to be receiving income support to sign up. To be eligible, you need to be aged 15 to 24 and either:
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection or Safe Haven visas).
Eligibility also depends on other personal circumstances.
Chat with our friendly team today to find out if you’re eligible for Transition to Work program.
“For the first time in my life I am financially independent and can finally do the things I want to do. Since getting my job, I’ve saved up for my first car, and my next goal is to travel to Hawaii!”
– Lachlan, TtW participant