Workforce Australia - Transition to Work
If you're aged 15 to 24 and looking for help to find work or continue studying, we can help. The Transition to Work employment service is delivered through Workforce Australia. It helps you build the skills, confidence and experience you need to reach your goals.
We begin by matching you with a Mentor. They’ll help you unpack your skills, strengths, challenges and training needs. Then comes a plan with the end goal of getting you into a job. Together, we set future goals to work towards and develop some tactics, so you smash them!
There may be other areas of life you need sorted in order to concentrate on finding work. We can co-ordinate specialist services for housing, health, counselling, and family support.
- Personal and professional development – Access workshops and individual support for personal development, like building self-esteem, increasing emotional intelligence, succeeding at interviews and managing conflict.
- Online employment hub – You’ll find resources and tools to support you on our jobseeker website. These include an easy-to-use resume and cover letter builder, interview tips and plenty of insights into local opportunities.
- Financial assistance – The right clothes, qualifications and equipment can be key. We invest in you where needed, includes clothes for interviews, tickets, tools or support with short courses.
- Employer connections – Our team knows the jobs and employers in your area. We recommend roles we think are a good fit for you, at the right time.
We match you with a Mentor to support you on your employment journey. They’ll meet with you regularly in-person and can offer phone calls and online appointments for when things come up.
We also continue to support you for the first 32 weeks of your employment or study. Staying employed and motivated can be hard. Don’t worry, we’ve got you!
You need to be aged 15 to 24. Transition to Work eligibility will also depend on whether you:
- have a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
- have been employed within the last 6 months
- are getting an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- are participating in another employment service such as Workforce Australia Services
- are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or valid visa holder.
We’re a national network of not-for-profit community organisations that share the goal of supporting jobseekers who are most in need. We actively build employment opportunities in over 1,000 communities and use our network’s knowledge to offer you the best possible support.
Our relationships with local providers enable us to offer you jobs, work experience and training opportunities. We’re well connected with recruitment and labour hire companies, registered training organisations, employers and local industry. These connections open up job opportunities for you in your local area, and across the country.
“For the first time in my life I am financially independent and can finally do the things I want to do. Since getting my job, I’ve saved up for my first car, and my next goal is to travel to Hawaii!” Lachlan, TtW participant