Service as usual – Latest update 23 September 2020
We can meet up again
We have good news. From Monday 28 September, our employment consultants will be able to meet you face-to-face if you live in New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia or Tasmania. In Victoria, however, you’ll still need to meet online or chat over the phone.
You’ll need to let your employment consultant know if you’d like a face-to-face meeting – just give us a call and we’ll organise your next appointment in the office.
Change to coronavirus supplements
You’ll also be aware that on Friday there will be changes to the coronavirus supplement for JobSeeker and Youth Allowance recipients, and others on some government payments. These include:
- a reduction in the coronavirus supplement
- return of JobSeeker mutual obligations
- changes to the JobKeeper payment
You can read more by clicking on the links below.
Job seeker resources
We will be regularly updating information and resources so that you are aware of the latest information that may affect you.
- Stimulus payments of $750 will be paid by Centrelink to eligible income support recipients, including those on: Disability Support Pension, Newstart Allowance, ABSTUDY, Austudy, Youth Allowance, etc. For full list please see:
- Job seekers may be granted 14-day exemption from mutual obligations if you are forced to isolated at home because of coronavirus. If you’re not affected by coronavirus you should continue your normal obligations such as attending appointments and completing activities for your job plan. For more information:
- You may be eligible for a payment from Centrelink if you can’t work because you’re isolated at home, and you aren’t being paid by your employer. For more information:
- Stay informed on how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus. Know what the symptoms are and when to get tested. Information detailed here: