Am I eligible for Disability Employment Services?
Take the quiz below
You might be eligible for DES if you:
- Are a person with disability, injury or a treated illness or health condition that impacts your ability to find and keep a job. This includes mental health and wellbeing, chronic health conditions and physical or social disability
- Are aged between 14 years old and pension age
- Are older than the minimum legal working age in your state or territory. For more information about the minimum legal working age in your state click here: https://yla.org.au.
- Have the ability to work at least 8 hours per week
- Meet one of the residency requirements listed below –
Residency requirements for DES
To qualify to be a DES customer, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- The holder of a Permanent Resident Visa
- The holder of a Temporary Protection Visa
- The holder of a Special Category Visa
Choosing the right DES provider for you
Recent changes to the delivery of Disability Employment Services means you are now able to choose your preferred DES Provider, but knowing which one to choose can be tricky.
You need to find a provider who will take the time to:
- Understand your unique health concerns
- Understand both your short- and long-term career goals
- Identify your strengths and abilities
- Learn about the challenges you have faced at work, or while trying to find work
- Identify the employment opportunities in your area that are right for you
Meet the team dedicated to finding the right job for you
If you choose CoAct as your DES provider, at your first Welcome to CoAct meeting you’ll be met by a friendly local consultant who will take the time to understand your needs and ambitions. We ask the right questions from the start so that we can work with you to create a job search support plan tailored to your unique needs.
Once your job search support plan is created, we will work tirelessly to put it into action. We will connect you with medical professionals, employers and training opportunities suited to your needs, and will provide you with useful job search tips and job seeker support so that you are more confident in your job search.
Ongoing support to help you succeed
At CoAct, our support doesn’t stop when you find a job! We continue to work with you from the very first day of your new job to make sure you find success in your new role and will keep in touch with regular check-ins during your employment.