We partner government departments to identify needs and deliver key contracts across Australia
- Department of Jobs and Small Business to deliver jobactive, Transition to Work (TtW) and Youth Jobs PaTH
- Department of Social Services to deliver Disability Employment Services (DES)
- NSW Government Department of Industry to deliver Smart, Skilled and Hired (SSH)
- Department of Education and Training to deliver Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) across Western Australia through our partnership with BUSY At Work, known as The Apprenticeship Community
CoAct is one of the largest providers of jobactive across Australia. This government-funded program was introduced to better meet the needs of job seekers and employers as well as improve job outcomes.
CoAct Service Partners work with job seekers to provide:
- Help looking for work, writing a resume and preparing for interviews
- Referrals to jobs in their local area
- Training that is suited to the skills that local employers need
- Case management so that individuals are ready to find and keep a job
Support to complete Work for the Dole or other eligible activities to provide job seekers with work-like experiences, to help learn new skills and improve each individual’s chances of finding a job
CoAct Service Partners work with employers to help:
- Find staff for businesses at no charge to the employer
- Screen candidates to ensure they meet an employer’s business needs
- Support job seekers to take part in Work for the Dole and other activities that ensure candidates are job-ready
- Organise training relevant to employers’ needs and real job opportunities
Disability Employment Services (DES)
CoAct is a leader in providing specialist help for people with disability, illness or injury to find and keep a job. We are one of the largest providers of the Commonwealth Government’s Disability Employment Services programs.
We deliver two types of Disability Employment Services:
- Disability Management Service: This service is for people with disability, illness, or injury who need the help of an employment service but do not expect to need long-term support in the workplace
- Employment Support Service:
This service is for people with a permanent disability and an assessed need for longer term, regular support in the workplace
Transition to Work (TtW)
Transition to Work is a service to support young people aged 15–21 on your journey to employment. This program has a strong focus on helping you understand what is expected in the workplace, helping you to develop practical skills to get a job and connect with suitable education, training and work experience opportunities.
Youth Jobs PaTH
Launched in April 2017, Youth Jobs PaTH is designed to be flexible and dynamic to meet the needs of today’s youth job seekers on their road to employment. The program aims to support you as you gain new skills and work experience, while also providing incentives to employers willing to give young people a chance to shine.
Smart, Skilled and Hired (SSH)
Smart, Skilled and Hired is an innovative program aimed at kickstarting the careers of young people (15-24 years). Youth job seekers can gain access to support, training and mentoring to help you build the type of skills and experience you need to find a job.
Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN)
The Apprenticeship Community is a partnership between CoAct and BUSY At Work, delivering the federal government-funded AASN program across Western Australia. The Apprenticeship Community is the only community based, not-for-profit provider of AASN services in Western Australia.